About Me

My photo
I'm happily married to my hubby Gavin See. I love my family and friends and I hope we can stay happy always.

Monday, November 21, 2011

爱心Dinner For Hubby on 18.11.2011

I used to eat out with hubby on every Friday night, but I decided to prepare a simple meal for him on 18.11.2011 since MIL and BIL are away on holiday. As I hardly cook at home, I decided to approach my 师父 Diana.

When I was browsing Diana's blog, her recipe on salted egg prawn had caught my attention. After reading through, I decided to give it a try as it seems to be quite ok for me to follow. Diana had been very helpful, she gave me lots of suggestions and recipe on desserts. She proposed that for main course I can prepare pasta, but my dear hubby prefers to eat meat so I went to buy the marinated chicken leg from NTUC (the kimchi favour) as per Diana's recommendation.


Campbell soup was our starter and for sides, we had fried mushroom with garlic and butter. As I forsee that it is going to be too overwhelming for me if I need to make our own desserts, I bought 2 durian pancake instead.

Although it was supposed to be me to prepare the dinner for hubby, it ended up we prepare the dinner together and he is really a great helper!

Hubby was pretty impressed by the special dish "salted egg prawn" and he keep saying, wow... this one got standard!. And yes, we both enjoyed the special dinner that night.

Here's the recipe which I took from Diana's blog:

Salted Egg Prawns
Ingredients:

60 g butter
2 tablespoons cooking oil
3 shallots, peeled and chopped
6-8 birds eye chillies, sliced (reduce .. can be too spicy)
3 sprigs curry leaves
3 salted egg yolks, mashed with a fork
150ml evaporated milk (if u want to be healthier, can use fresh milk)
3 tablespoons water
500g fresh medium sized prawns, deveined, leaving skin intact
½ teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon salt to taste

Method:

1. Buy fresh prawns, slit the back of the prawn using a sharp knife, devein, wash and drain in a colander. Draining the prawns ensures the dish will not be soggy. Stir fried the prawns until 70% cook.
2. Heat butter and oil in a wok, sauté chopped shallots until fragrant.
3. Add in bird's eye chilies, curry leaves and cook for 10 seconds.
4. Add in salted egg yolks and mash further with the back of the ladle.
5. Add in milk, water, sugar and salt to taste. Let it boil for 10 seconds before adding in prawns again.
6. Once prawns are fully cooked and sauce thickens, quickly turn off heat.


Campbell soup
 
Main course
 
The special dish

Dinner for us
                



  



2 comments:

  1. Oh... The salted egg prawns were really nice.
    Thanks Diana for her recipe and my beloved wifey to cook this delicious meal for me. Must cook more, okie? From hubby.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ... seems like G really enjoyed this dish ! Fang, ur salted egg prawns looked very good !
    Lol ... Fang, now u got to cook more often, got potential liao :) - DT

    ReplyDelete